Recipe by jonesies
A delicously light grilled veggie platter. Recipe taken from BHG/Kraft Summertime mailer.
- 12 ounces fingerling potatoes or 12 ounces new potatoes, small in size
- 8 ounces asparagus spears, fresh
- 6 -8 roma tomatoes, small and halved lengthwise
- 9 cups salad greens, torn
- 3 ounces hard salami, cut into thin strips
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons herbs, such as basil, oregano, parsley, etc, snipped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- In a screw-top jar, combine the last 7 ingredients to make the herb vinaigrette. Cover and shake well.
- Scrub potatoes thoroughly and cut in half lengthwise.
- In a large saucepan, cook potatoes, covered, in enough boiling water to cover for 10 minutes or until nearly tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water, drain again and set aside.
- Meanwhile, wash asparagus spears and break off woody bases where spears snap easily.
- In a medium skillet, cook asparagus, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water, drain again.
- For a charcoal grill, grill tomatoes, asparagus and potatoes in a grill wok or on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals, brushing occasionally with 1/4 cup of the herb vinaigarette.
- Grill potatoes for 10 to 15 minutes or until just tender, gently tossing or turning occasionally.
- Grill asparagus for 3 to 5 minutes or until just tender and browned, tossing or turning once.
- Grill tomatoes, cut sides down, for 10 to 12 minutes or until softened and skin is charred.
- (For gas grill, preheat grill, reduce heat to medium and proceed as stated above).
- To serve, arrange greens on a large platter, arrange grilled veggies on top of salad greens.
- Top with salami slices and shaved cheese.
- Serve with remaining herb vinaigrette dressing.