Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 3 cups zucchini, diagonally cut
- 3 slices red onions
- 1 red bell pepper, seed cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 lb ciabatta or 1 lb focaccia bread, cut in half horizontally
- 1 cup gourmet salad greens
- 5 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- The zucchini should be 1/8-inch-thick.
- The onions should be 1/8-inch-thick.
- Grill should be at medium high heat.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Remove vegetables from bowl, reserving vinegar mixture.
- Place the onion and bell pepper on grill rack coated with cooking spray then grill 7 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill zucchini 3 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Hollow out bottom half of bread, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell. Reserve torn bread for another us. Layer grilled vegetables, greens, cheese, and basil in bottom of loaf then drizzle reserved vinegar mixture on top. Cover with top of the bread; press lightly.
- Place filled loaf on grill rack and grill 4 minutes on each side or until cheese melts. Cut into quarters.