Grilled Vegetable and Mozzarella Sandwiches
- The zucchini should be 1/8-inch-thick.
- The onions should be 1/8-inch-thick.
- Grill should be at medium high heat.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Remove vegetables from bowl, reserving vinegar mixture.
- Place the onion and bell pepper on grill rack coated with cooking spray then grill 7 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill zucchini 3 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Hollow out bottom half of bread, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell. Reserve torn bread for another us. Layer grilled vegetables, greens, cheese, and basil in bottom of loaf then drizzle reserved vinegar mixture on top. Cover with top of the bread; press lightly.
- Place filled loaf on grill rack and grill 4 minutes on each side or until cheese melts. Cut into quarters.