Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this delicious recipe in the Chicago Sun-Times.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 veal chops, about 1 inch thick,trimmed (about 12 oz. each)
- 4 cups arugula, trimmed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved if large
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large shallow baking dish, combine olive oil with garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Turn chops in olive oil mixture to coat them well.
- Marinate 10 minutes at room temperature or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Grill veal chops on a hot barbecue 2 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking about 6 minutes per side until veal is 145° on a meat thermometer.
- They should be just pink inside.
- Toss arugula with cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, salt and oil.
- Serve salad on top of veal chops.
This is the time when you realise simple can be best. This is a really delicious healthy tasty meal. I used mesculan salad leaves as I already had them in the fridge. Will definitely do it again.
Only made the chops and marinated for six hours. Used a little more garlic and evoo (not necessary to) and added some red pepper flakes for heat. It's simple and delicious.
Super easy way to make veal chop. I made the marinade in the morning before work and threw them on the grill when I got home. We added some feta cheese to the salad and served it along side the veal. Thanks for sharing!