Recipe by bakingbrenda
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This dessert captures all the delicious warm inviting flavors of Mexican bread pudding, and the luscious added flavors of sweet peaches and pears put it over the top. Plus, the ease in preparing, with huge thanks to Reynolds Wrap, make this dessert a huge hit for all families and friends.
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 peach, peeled, pitted and cut into thin slices
- 1 red pears, peeled, cored and cut into thin slices
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits (10-count)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to medium. Line a large cast iron skillet with Reynolds Wrap foil, leaving 2-inches of foil overlapping over sides of skillet. Spray the inside bottom and sides of foil lined skillet with cooking spray. In a small bowl, stir preserves, brown sugar, honey, butter and cinnamon until blended. Spoon and spread preserve mixture evenly into bottom of greased foil lined skillet. Add fruit slices evenly over top of spread preserve mixture in a spiral layer, slightly overlapping.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, egg and vanilla until well blended and creamy. Drop biscuit quarter pieces into cheese mixture and toss, until biscuit pieces are well coated. Spoon and spread creamy biscuit coated mixture evenly over top of layered fruit slices.
- Place skillet with capirotada mixture onto heated grill on indirect heat, close lid to grill and grill for 35 minutes. Remove from grill and let set for 10 minutes. Place a large serving plate over top of foil lined skillet and invert upside-down onto serving plate. Gently lift and peel away foil. Sprinkle sliced almonds evenly over top of capirotada to garnish. Cut into 8 servings and serve warm.