Recipe by Tish
This is a great recipe to have in the summer months or out on the campfire (if you prep marinade in advance). Prep time includes minimal marinade time
Top Review by fatback
The dinner guests raved about this chicken, but I couldn't help but think they were just stroking my ego. It just wasn't that good. I am far from being a salt-aholic, but the marinade would have benefitted from the addition of some salt, imo... Or perhaps some salt directly on the chicken just before grilling. If I try this recipe again, that's one change I'll definitely make.
- 1 shallot
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 6 -8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 chicken, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Process until herbs are finely minced.
- Place chickens in large shallow dish and pour marinade over them.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight, turning several times.
- Grill chicken over medium-hot coals, turning several times and basting with marinade, until crisp and browned, about 40 minutes.