Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my youngest son's favorite sandwiches. He asks for this on a regular basis. You can change it up and use whatever kind of cheese you like. My hubby likes this with hot pepper cheese.
- 4 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 lb thinly sliced deli turkey
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Spread each slice of bread with mayonnaise.
- Put turkey, tomato and cheese on one slice of bread and top with the remaining slice.
- Spread outsides of sandwiches with the softened butter.
- On a hot griddle, grill sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Awesome sandwich! I served with tomato soup for a delicious and satisfying lunch. I will most definitely be making these again. Thanks for posting!
Definitely different type of grilled cheese. This came in handy after Thanksgiving as a way to use up the turkey. I think next time I may add some onion as well. Thanks for posting. Made for I Recommend Tag
This was easy & filling the day after Thanksgiving I used sliced turkey, pepper jack cheese, and after lightly buttering grilled the sandwiches in the panini maker. Made for I Recommend Tag Game.