Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
My favorite grilled sammich. It uses up leftover sauce and turkey.
- 8 slices provolone cheese (etc) or 8 slices mozzarella cheese (etc)
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (about 1 oz)
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced turkey breast
- unsalted butter
- Heat a large non stick skillet or the grill to medium heat.
- Butter each slice of bread on one side, turn 4 slices butter facing down.
- Put 1 slice of cheese each on 4 slices of bread.
- Spread 1-2 tbsp marinara sauce over the cheese.
- Sprinkle evenly with parmesan.
- Layer each with even amounts of turkey.
- Top each with another slice of cheese.
- Top with remaining bread, butter side facing up.
- Grill sandwiches until bread is golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Slice diagonally and serve.
We love grilled sandwiches and this was a nice change from our usual grilled cheese. I served these cut into quarters with extra marinara for dipping. Thanks for sharing.
Great sandwich. A very dressed up grilled cheese; ours was made with mozzarella and Mean Chef's Nirvana Italian Gravy #28725.