Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yakitori are grilled,skewered chicken pieces. It's very popular in Japan.They have a lot of part of chicken menu like zizzards,skin,heart,liver,butt,thigh,bread,etc.. We love having it with beer after work that great satisfies time. I tried make it turkey ground meat,that's awesome.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs (japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
yakitori barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sake
- 1⁄3 cup mirin
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Put the all ingredients for TUKUNE MEATBALLS into a large bowl and mix well by hand until it becomes stickey.
- Form into 1 inch meatballs.
- In a large pan of boiling water,soft drop half of meatballs one by one.Simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Removed with slotted spoon.Porch remaining meatballs the same way.
- Tread 3 meatballs onto each skewer.
- In a saucepan,combine sake mirin,soysouce,sugar, to boiling and then thicken it with starch.
- Over charcoal,grill several skewers,turning frequently about 5 min or lightly blowned.
- Brush with 1tbs sauce for each skewer.
- after boil meatballs water can make really tasty soup.