Prep 8 hrs
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
Make and share this Grilled Turkey Drumsticks recipe from Food.com.
- 4 turkey drumsticks
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place turkey drumsticks in a large shallow dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Pour over drumsticks, cover and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning drumsticks occasionally.
- Drain drumsticks, reserving marinade.
- Wrap each drumstick and 1/4 cup marinade in heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Grill over medium coals 1 hour, turning after 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, reserving marinade.
- Return drumsticks to grill, and continue cooking 30-40 minutes, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Used this marinade for chicken legs, baked in the oven. It was great - thanks!
We didn't grill them just cuz it was snowing and blustery and down rite ugly out so I just put the whole dish with drumsticks, and drummettes and marinade into oven and cooked til done. Well a little too well done - they got a bit black just a little like a grilled one might have looked. DS did not get a chance to try them as DD snuck his portion for school lunch.
I have been looking for a recipe that produces the kind of BBQ turkey drumsticks that they serve at the Fall festivals around here. I actually like the way these drumsticks turned out better than the ones I have tried before. The one thing I did a little different was to make 2 batches of the marinade. I am funny about using marinade that poultry has been soaking in to also cook with. So I had a fresh batch to put in the foil pouches and baste with. The meat was tender and not hard to pull of the bone. Great flavor. Thanks Nurse Di for sharing this recipe.