Recipe by Scoutie
This isn't really a "recipe" per se, just a great way to use up some of the Thanksgiving leftovers! This IS good grilled, but I also do this non-grilled on sourdough bread or a croissant with mayo and lettuce. Yummm!!
Top Review by Lori Mama
Comes in handy for some of that leftover cranberry sauce that I had in my freezer. Not much of a sourdough bread fan, so I used original focaccia bread and grilled it on my panini press. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 6 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, use less if desired (2 cups grated)
- 8 ounces roasted turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon softened lightly-salted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of cranberry sauce on each of 4 slices of bread. Add 2 ounces of cheddar onto each piece, followed by two ounces of roasted turkey. Be sure to mash down the cranberry sauce and the cheese.
- Cover each prepared bread slice and evenly butter the top of each sandwich. Place each sandwich butter side down in a frying pan over medium heat. While the first side is grilling, butter the second side of bread. Cook until golden and crusty, about 3-4 minutes. Carefully turn and cook until second side is golden, about 2-3 minutes more.