Recipe by Chef mariajane
Here is a recipe from "Road Grill" - So very tasty and the Salsa is very delicious!!
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄4 green onion, chopped, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons Thai basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- oil, for brushing
- 6 soft buns
- 1⁄2 pineapple, cored and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in to 1/4 inch dice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, diced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- red onion
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground turkey, green onion, minced ginger and Thai basil. and combine evenly.
- Using your hands, gently form the burgers into 6 patties about 3/4 inch thick. Take care not to handle the meat too much to keep the temperature as cold as possible at all times.
- Drizzle both sides of patties with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place patties in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set up.
- Preheat barbecue to medium heat (350-375F). Oil grill to prevent sticking.
- Place burgers on the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes per side, or until turkey is cooked through and nice char marks are achieved.
- Remove the turkey burgers from the grill. Cool slightly and serve on buns with pineapple salsa. Garnish burgers with lettuce, red onion and mayo if desired.
- To prepare the salsa, combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. mix until all ingredients are evenly combined. Reserve salsa.