Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 mins
A healthier burger alternative.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- vegetable oil, for brushing on patties
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 large lettuce leaf
- sliced sweet pickle
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Make cranberry spread: in a small bowl, mix the ingredients together until blended; set aside.
- In a big bowl, combine the turkey, onion, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill; form turkey into 4 patties; brush both sides with oil.
- Grill over medium heat, turning once, until pink is no longer showing in the center, about 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Warm the buns on the grill until lightly toasted; spread cut sides of buns with Cranberry Spread.
- Add patty, lettuce, and pickles; serve immediately.
Overall a great recipe, I love the idea of cranberry cream cheese! I had a little trouble with mine, it melted almost immediately and became a bit of a runny mess rather than an enjoyable flavor, most of it ended up on my plate instead of in my mouth! Maybe next time I'll let the patties rest a little longer before I plate the burgers and see if that helps. Since there are only two of us I had leftovers, so I used the remaining ingredients between a couple slices of Ciabatta bread - yum! Thanks for a great idea.