Prep 0 mins
Cook 24 mins
Something to try for your next bbq.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, halved, sliced thinly
- 29.58 ml prepared barbecue sauce
- 566.99 g ground turkey (not lean)
- 59.14 ml milk
- 59.14 ml chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4.92 ml smoked spanish paprika or 4.92 ml regular paprika
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 4 sesame-seed buns
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Add onions; stir-fry 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring often, until soft and starting to caramelize, about 15 minutes. Stir in barbecue sauce; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Cover; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, prepare a grill or grill pan for medium-high heat. Lightly mix turkey, milk, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl; form into 4 patties. Grill until just cooked through, turning once, about 8 minutes. Place on bun bottoms; top each with onions and top buns.