Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Something to try for your next bbq.
Make and share this Grilled Turkey Burgers With Barbecued Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, halved, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey (not lean)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon smoked spanish paprika or 1 teaspoon regular paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 sesame-seed buns
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Add onions; stir-fry 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring often, until soft and starting to caramelize, about 15 minutes. Stir in barbecue sauce; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Cover; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, prepare a grill or grill pan for medium-high heat. Lightly mix turkey, milk, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl; form into 4 patties. Grill until just cooked through, turning once, about 8 minutes. Place on bun bottoms; top each with onions and top buns.