Recipe by TasteTester
This is a healthy alternative to the usual ground beef burgers as it uses ground turkey and zucchini in the hamburger patty mix. You can also make the spicy sauce below to use as a condiment with your hamburger.
Top Review by JustJanS
These were moist and tasty and held together well during cooking. I chose to cook them in the oven on a tray with a light spray of oil. They didn't brown, but that didn't affect the taste. Thanks for posting TT.
- 6 ounces zucchini, grated (about 1 medium size)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated onions
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 ripe small tomatoes, sliced
- nonstick cooking spray, for the grill
Spicy sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray "grill cooking spray," such as Pam, on the grill grate while it is unheated. Then prepare the outdoor grill for covered direct grilling on medium.
- In a medium bowl, combine zucchini, onion, and Cajun seasoning until well-mixed. With hands, add ground turkey and mix until just blended. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick burgers, handling meat as little as possible for best texture.
- Place burgers on hot grill grate and cook 12-14 minutes or just until no longer pink throughout, turning once.
- Prepare sauce: In small bowl, combine ketchup and hot sauce; set aside.
- Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato and condiments of your choice.