1/1 Photo of Grilled Turkey Burgers
This is a healthy alternative to the usual ground beef burgers as it uses ground turkey and zucchini in the hamburger patty mix. You can also make the spicy sauce below to use as a condiment with your hamburger.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces zucchini, grated (about 1 medium size)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated onions
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 ripe small tomato, sliced
- nonstick cooking spray, for the grill
Spicy sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1Spray "grill cooking spray," such as Pam, on the grill grate while it is unheated. Then prepare the outdoor grill for covered direct grilling on medium.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine zucchini, onion, and Cajun seasoning until well-mixed. With hands, add ground turkey and mix until just blended. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick burgers, handling meat as little as possible for best texture.
- 3Place burgers on hot grill grate and cook 12-14 minutes or just until no longer pink throughout, turning once.
- 4Prepare sauce: In small bowl, combine ketchup and hot sauce; set aside.
- 5Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato and condiments of your choice.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Turkey Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.1
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 447.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 33.4 g