Recipe by Eldeevee
I haven't tried this yet but it looks like something I would like to try. There are instructions to cook on the grill as well as in the oven. It was in the local newspaper this weekend and I want to post it for safe keeping. It is originally from www.homegrownontario.ca
- 1 lb turkey breast
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, cracked
- 1 1⁄2 cups ripe mangoes, diced (1 mango)
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice turkey breast in half crosswise without cutting all the way through. Open like a book and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together cilantro, marmalade, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place turkey breast in self sealing plastic bag and turn to coat evenly. Let marinate in refrigerator for a least an hour and up to 2 days.
- Arrange on a greased preheated grill over medium heat. Grill, turning once until browned and cooked all the way through (about 20 minutes). Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve immediately or serve cold.
- Oven directions: To prepare turkey in the oven, arrange marinated turkey on foil lined rimmed baking sheet and roast in a 400F oven until turkey is cooked through and marinate is thick and bubbling, about 25 minutes.
- Nutrition information: 250 calories, 28 g protein, 15 g carbs, 9 g fat.
- MANGO-LIME SALSA:.
- In a medium bowl, combine mango, onion, lime juice, cilantro jalapeno (if using) and salt. Let stand for 20 minutes before serving.
- Nutrition information: 55 calories, 15 g carbs, 1 g protein, 2 g fibre, 88 mg sodium.