After serving this to hubby for lunch today, he said "I HAVE to have that again!" Based on Lainey's Turkey Panini and made with ingredients you'll already have on hand.
- Preheat skillet or griddle to medium high and spray with nonstick spray.
- Spread jam on one piece of bread.
- On other piece of bread, place turkey, onion slice, roasted red peppers and swiss cheese.
- Place bread spread with jam on top of other side of sandwich and put on griddle.
- Cover with a deep pot lid and cook a minute or so (until lightly browned).
- Remove lid, flip sandwich carefully and cook other side about a minute of so (until lightly browned).
- If sandwich browns before cheese melts, put it in the microwave for 15 seconds or so.
Fantastic sandwich. I left off the red peppers because there were none in the pantry. Made for 1, 2, 3 Hit Wonders.
WOW, Julie !! This was a great combination of a vast variety of flavors !! We had purchased a 2-pack of marinated turkey breast loins from Costco, and grilled them the night before. Knowing we had all this delicious meat, when I saw the review on your recipe -- I immediately made my grocery list. Bought a bakery loaf of sour-dough and cut 2 slices from the center. Goofed -- and toasted them lightly from reading another recipe, but no harm. Thinly sliced a Vidalia onion, a sizeable slab of roasted red pepper, and 2 lovely fresh Basil leaves from the whiskey barrel -- put all together on The George Forman grill, eliminating the need to "flip" a really stuffed sandwich, and 1 large sandwich was plenty for the 2 of us !! We really enjoyed this -- thanks so much for posting ! Janey
hi puppitypup, what a sandwich!!! yesterday, when I returned from a dr's visit - having been on the bus for over 2 hrs and through the hi's and low's of Miami - I was very tired and hungry!! so I made this fantastic sandwich! had to make some changes as it was al I had - had to use Jewish rye with caraway seeds, used homemade apricot preserves, & used more roasted red peppers than you posted! Other than that - it was heavenly! It was wonderful with a large glass of ice cold juice! While I was eating, everyone around me kept saying that looks so good etc. told them all that they could come upstairs and get a copy of the recipe - already translated. This should be a 10+ and will definitely be made again, thanks for posting. Made for Potluck Game, Diane :)