Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
After serving this to hubby for lunch today, he said "I HAVE to have that again!" Based on Lainey's Turkey Panini and made with ingredients you'll already have on hand.
- Preheat skillet or griddle to medium high and spray with nonstick spray.
- Spread jam on one piece of bread.
- On other piece of bread, place turkey, onion slice, roasted red peppers and swiss cheese.
- Place bread spread with jam on top of other side of sandwich and put on griddle.
- Cover with a deep pot lid and cook a minute or so (until lightly browned).
- Remove lid, flip sandwich carefully and cook other side about a minute of so (until lightly browned).
- If sandwich browns before cheese melts, put it in the microwave for 15 seconds or so.
Fantastic sandwich. I left off the red peppers because there were none in the pantry. Made for 1, 2, 3 Hit Wonders.
WOW, Julie !! This was a great combination of a vast variety of flavors !! We had purchased a 2-pack of marinated turkey breast loins from Costco, and grilled them the night before. Knowing we had all this delicious meat, when I saw the review on your recipe -- I immediately made my grocery list. Bought a bakery loaf of sour-dough and cut 2 slices from the center. Goofed -- and toasted them lightly from reading another recipe, but no harm. Thinly sliced a Vidalia onion, a sizeable slab of roasted red pepper, and 2 lovely fresh Basil leaves from the whiskey barrel -- put all together on The George Forman grill, eliminating the need to "flip" a really stuffed sandwich, and 1 large sandwich was plenty for the 2 of us !! We really enjoyed this -- thanks so much for posting ! Janey
hi puppitypup, what a sandwich!!! yesterday, when I returned from a dr's visit - having been on the bus for over 2 hrs and through the hi's and low's of Miami - I was very tired and hungry!! so I made this fantastic sandwich! had to make some changes as it was al I had - had to use Jewish rye with caraway seeds, used homemade apricot preserves, & used more roasted red peppers than you posted! Other than that - it was heavenly! It was wonderful with a large glass of ice cold juice! While I was eating, everyone around me kept saying that looks so good etc. told them all that they could come upstairs and get a copy of the recipe - already translated. This should be a 10+ and will definitely be made again, thanks for posting. Made for Potluck Game, Diane :)