Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
One of my students makes these quite often. I finally said okay to tasting and am pleased to say....they are terrific!
- 3⁄4 lb cooked turkey breast, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb muenster cheese, sliced
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup light thousand island dressing
- 4 tablespoons margarine, softened
- Spread dressing on each slice of bread.
- Top 4 slices with half of the cheese, follow with turkey, and rest of cheese. Do this evenly.
- Add remaining bread to top with dressing side face down.
- Spread margarine on outsides of sandwiches.
- Cook sandwiches in skillet over medium heat, covered, 3-4 minutes.
- Uncover, press sandwiches down with spatula, turn over, press down again. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
- All done! Dig in!
Big hit here! I didn't use pumpernickel though - I used potato bread, and instead of pan griulling them I put them in the oven at 4oo degrees for about 5 minutes a side. Turned out great, and we all loved the taste. Thanks!