Recipe by Tish
This is great for the casual dinner with friends..grill some tuna, have some salad, and enjoy the outdoors
Top Review by Axe
This was really good! However, the ingredients and instructions could be tuned up a bit. For instance I had no idea how much wasabi to use, so I just kept adding it to the butter until I achieved an acceptable taste. Next time I think I'll lower the amount of ginger. All-in-all it's a tasty dish. Thanks for posting!
- 6 (5 ounce) tuna steaks
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger peel
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 wasabi (powdered horseradish)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to medium hot.
- Lay the tuna steaks in a large shallow pan in one layer.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and ginger ina small bowl and pour over the fish.
- Let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Turn the fish once in the marinade.
- Mix the butter and wasabi together into a thick paste.
- Set aside Season the steaks lightly with salt and pepper and grill them for about 7-10 minutes, turning them over 2-3 times.
- Tuna dries out quickly so keep it moist with the marinade while cooking.
- Transfer the steaks to a platter and top each one with a teaspoon of the wasabi butter.
- Serve at once.