Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is great for the casual dinner with friends..grill some tuna, have some salad, and enjoy the outdoors
- 6 (5 ounce) tuna steaks
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger peel
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 wasabi (powdered horseradish)
- salt and pepper
- Heat grill to medium hot.
- Lay the tuna steaks in a large shallow pan in one layer.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and ginger ina small bowl and pour over the fish.
- Let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Turn the fish once in the marinade.
- Mix the butter and wasabi together into a thick paste.
- Set aside Season the steaks lightly with salt and pepper and grill them for about 7-10 minutes, turning them over 2-3 times.
- Tuna dries out quickly so keep it moist with the marinade while cooking.
- Transfer the steaks to a platter and top each one with a teaspoon of the wasabi butter.
- Serve at once.
This was really good! However, the ingredients and instructions could be tuned up a bit. For instance I had no idea how much wasabi to use, so I just kept adding it to the butter until I achieved an acceptable taste. Next time I think I'll lower the amount of ginger. All-in-all it's a tasty dish. Thanks for posting!