Recipe by Ppaperdoll
From Australian Table magazine. Cooking time does not include chilling time. This is good served with my recipe for cucumber salad with peanuts.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, torn
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- 2 small fresh red chilies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 tuna steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except tuna in a non-metal bowl and mix well.
- Add tuna and coat with marinade.
- Chill 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove tuna from marinade and cook over hot coals or gas barbecue on high 1-2 minutes on each side (for rare) or until desired done-ness. Serve immediately.