Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is translated from a french recipe I made a lot while living in France. It is a very simple, fresh and filling dish. Enjoy!
- 4 albacore tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup sweet bell pepper, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- To make marinade mix together olive oil, garlic, basil, sweet peppers (red and green), and tomato, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Marinate (dredge steaks and get marinade on both sides) tuna steaks for up to 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Grill for 4 minutes or less per side, depending on how you like them. Steaks should be firm with pink in the middle. If you prefer steaks to be more rare, grilling time should be 2 1/2 minutes on each side.
- Note: Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the fillets and the heat of the grill. Check the doneness of the fish by making an incision with a knife and checking the color in the middle.