Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a perfect BBQ dish when it's warm outside. The fish grilled to your preference with a spicy fresh mango salsa. It's light and lush.
- 2 fresh red fresno chiles
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1⁄2 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 4 yellowfin tuna steaks
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Roast the chilies over a gas burner or in a dry griddle until the skins blister and darken. Do not let the flesh burn.
- Place chilies in a sealed zip lock bag to keep steam inside Let steam for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and then dice mangoes into about 1/2 inch thich cubes and add to a bowl.
- Remove the roasted chilies from the bag and carefully peel off the skins. Cut off the steams and slit the chilies, scraping out the seeds.
- Chop the chilies, cilantro, white onions finely and add them to the bowl. Also add the lime juice and zest. Stir well and cover. let sit in fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Brush Tuna steaks with light coat of olive oil and season with kosher salt and black ground pepper to taste.
- Grill tuna for about 3 minutes on each side. More if you like it more done in the middle.
- Serve the mango salsa either on top of grilled fish or on the side.
- It's also really good served with flour or corn tortillas.