Recipe by Abby Girl
I love fresh tuna, so am always finding different ways of cooking it up. The sauce goes really well with the fish. I serve it up with a rice pilaf and steamed veggies
Top Review by Divalicious *808*
This deserves more than 5*'s. We miss the "fresh" ahi that we get back in the islands. I had to use fresh frozen? I grilled it to a medium rare & served it over coucous tossed w/ baby spinach, tomatoes, parsley & parmesan cheese. Topped it off with this amazing L.A.B. butter...yum! Besides cutting the recipe in half & using extra lemon juice, I followed the recipe.
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (8 ounce) tuna steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Light the grill or heat the broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, anchovy paste, lemon juice, parsley, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Coat the tuna with the oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the tuna for 4 minutes. Turn and cook until done to your taste, 3 to 4 minutes longer for medium rare.
- Top the hot fish with the flavored butter.