Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A Provencal dish.
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped (1 1/2 lbs)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mixed fresh herbs, finely chopped (chervil, chives, tarragon and parsley)
- 2 (1 lb) tuna steaks, cut 1/14-inch thick
- In a medium bowl, stir together the tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Set aside for about 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Light a grill or preheat the broiler. Stir the fresh herbs into the tomato sauce.
- Grill or broil the tuna about 4" from the heat, turning once, until charred outside and still pink in the center, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer the tuna to a large platter and cut into thick strips. Thop with half of the tomato suace and pass the remainder.
This is so easy and so wonderful! I'm so glad I tried this for ZWTII! I used parsley, oregano and chives for the herbs, and chopped the tomatoes in a very small dice. Such good stuff! I highly recommend this recipe for a healthy meal that tastes as good as it looks!