My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups grape tomatoes or 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Prepare grill or preheat broiler.
- 2Make the basil butter: combine the basil butter ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping sides as needed; set aside.
- 3Make the sauce: heat the oil in a saucepan over med-high heat.
- 4Add in onion and garlic; stir/saute 3 minutes.
- 5Add in tomatoes, stir/saute 2 minutes; stir in wine, capers, vinegar, and sugar; bring to a boil.
- 6Decrease heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; stir in parsley; set aside.
- 7Make the tuna: sprinkle tuna with salt and pepper; place tuna on a greased grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- 8Cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- 9Serve with sauce and basil butter; garnish with basil leaves.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Tuna With Basil Butter and Fresh Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.2
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 749.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 41.6 g