Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Grilled Tuna With Basil Butter and Fresh Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups grape tomatoes or 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 (6 ounce) tuna steaks (about 1-inch thick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 basil leaves
- Prepare grill or preheat broiler.
- Make the basil butter: combine the basil butter ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping sides as needed; set aside.
- Make the sauce: heat the oil in a saucepan over med-high heat.
- Add in onion and garlic; stir/saute 3 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, stir/saute 2 minutes; stir in wine, capers, vinegar, and sugar; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; stir in parsley; set aside.
- Make the tuna: sprinkle tuna with salt and pepper; place tuna on a greased grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Serve with sauce and basil butter; garnish with basil leaves.