Recipe by Mysterygirl
My husband doesn't like "fishy" tasting fish, but loves this recipe. I also like to use red peppers because I prefer that color to the yellow.
- 6 (5 ounce) tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced thick
- 3 russet potatoes, sliced thick
- 1⁄2 cup garlic oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and black pepper
YELLOW PEPPER SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season tuna steak with salt and pepper and rub with garlic oil.
- Place on hot grill and cook to desired temp.
- Rub all veggies with garlic oil.
- Grill until tender.
- Season with pepper and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.
- Sauce: Heat olive oil in 1 quart sauce pot.
- Add onions and saute onions until lightly browned.
- Add yellow peppers and thyme and sweat in olive oil 1 minute.
- Add stock and simmer covered until peppers are soft.
- Remove to blender and puree.
- Adjust seasoning and keep warm.
- Spoon sauce over tuna steaks and serve with the grilled vegetables.