Chef Boy-R "Diabetic" Danny's Note:
These tuna steaks are great. Make sure the steaks are seared on the out side and rare on the inside. Be careful with the sauce as it could be too spicy for some people. You can always serve it on the side as a dipping sauce. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together coconut milk and wasabi powder in a saucepan and let sit for 30 minutes.
- 2Toast coconut flakes in the oven set at 350°F for 5 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Keep an eye on them so you don't burn them.
- 3Turn your Bar-B-Q on high.
- 4Bring wasabi mixture to a simmer, whisking constantly.
- 5Lower heat and reduce sauce to approximately 1 1/2 cups (it take about 5 minutes).
- 6Add 1/2 tsp kosher salt and remove from the heat.
- 7Season both sides of the tuna steaks with salt and pepper.
- 8Place tuna steaks on the hot grill for 2 minutes per side.
- 9Cut tuna steaks into 1/2-inch slices. Pour wasabi and coconut sauce over the slices and sprinkle toasted coconut flakes over the top.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Tuna Steaks With Wasabi and Toasted Coconut
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.5
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 72.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 37.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: