Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Tender grilled tuna steaks topped with lemon-pepper butter. From the Deen Brother's Y'all Come Eat cookbook.
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 2.46 ml finely grated lemon zest
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 2 (453.59 g) tuna steaks, about 1 inch thick
- In a small bowl, mash together the butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, the 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the garlic powder. Set aside (or chill if not using immediately).
- Prepare the grill for medium-high direct heat and lightly oil the grate (or preheat a broiler). Brush oil on both sides of tuna steaks. Season the tuno on both sides with salt and additional pepper. Grill or broil for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare, turning once.
- Transfer tuna steaks to a serving platter; top with the butter mixture.
I have made this now a handful of times. Making it again tonight. I had never had tuna steaks before so hubby talked me into it and this was the recipe I used for my first time trying tuna steaks. We loved it! Serve over rice with some steamed broccoli.
This was so easy to make and made for a very healthy light meal. I sprinkled lemon pepper seasoning over my tuna steaks as well as topping with the butter, which was totally delicious. I served my steaks over salad greens with peppers and avocado. We both loved this and I have saved it to my regular recipes to make.. I love tuna and this is a perfect way to serve it with no fuss. Thanks for sharing :)
This was really quick and delicious. I had them with grilled asparagus (which I actually put the extra butter on since I had way too much for just the tuna steaks); it was wonderful! Thanks for sharing, we plan on making this again all summer long!