Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Barbecue season is right around the corner so it's time to stock up on some great summer grilling recipes! Tuna is one of the richest sources of Omega-3 Fatty Acids, an essential component for a balanced diet - with benefits ranging from cardiac health to long-term memory retention. It's high in protein and low in fat and carbs.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced roasted red pepper
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and minced
- lime, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) fresh center cut tuna steaks
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, roasted red bell pepper, minced jalapeno pepper, zest and juice from lime, cumin, cilantro and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour mixture into a shallow dish and add tuna steaks.
- Cover with foil and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place tuna steaks on a well oiled grill rack and cook over a medium heated grill, approximately 7 to 8 minutes each side.
Delish! One of the best marinades I've tried in awhile. It would probably be good on chicken too, but it was PERFECT on the tuna steak. I served it with Asian Coleslaw (just a leeeetle too much,) but would've been great w/ a Mexican rice. Thank you!