Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
The simple seasoning of the tuna goes very well with the relish.
Top Review by Ghostwriter
Excellent! Especially the hot tuna with the cold nectarine relish, what a taste combination. What more can I say - you must try this. I'm definitely putting this with my regular favorites. Thank you.
- 4 fresh tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 6 firm ripe nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, julienned
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup julienned fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, add all the relish ingredients; toss to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste (mixture will be slighly runny).
- Chill relish until ready to serve.
- Rub tuna steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill 4-5 minutes per side over medium-hot grill (do no overcook).
- To serve: spoon relish onto individual plates.
- Place tuna steak on top of relish.