Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The simple seasoning of the tuna goes very well with the relish.
Make and share this Grilled Tuna Steak with Nectarine Relish recipe from Food.com.
- 4 fresh tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 6 firm ripe nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, julienned
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup julienned fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- In a bowl, add all the relish ingredients; toss to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste (mixture will be slighly runny).
- Chill relish until ready to serve.
- Rub tuna steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill 4-5 minutes per side over medium-hot grill (do no overcook).
- To serve: spoon relish onto individual plates.
- Place tuna steak on top of relish.
Excellent! Especially the hot tuna with the cold nectarine relish, what a taste combination. What more can I say - you must try this. I'm definitely putting this with my regular favorites. Thank you.