Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something a little different for lunch.
- 4 (4 ounce) tuna steaks (about one pound total weight)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Rub tuna steaks with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper evenly on each side of the steaks.
- Grill, over medium-high heat, covered, for 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Brush the bread slices with the remaining olive oil; grill 1 minute on each side or until golden.
- Flake the tuna in a bowl; add in the cayenne pepper and next 4 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Spread the tuna mixture on 1 side each of 4 bread slices.
- Lay a tomato slice and avocado slice on top of each sandwich.
- Cover with remaining 4 bread slices.