Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
i have been getting so many fresh herbs and vegetables from my gardening friends, this recipe uses alot of them
for the salsa verdi
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, plus extra if needed
- 2 bunches flat leaf parsley, leaves only
- 1 bunch basil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 anchovies
- 2 tablespoons capers packed in salt, rinsed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra if needed
- 1 hardboiled egg, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) tuna fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 8 ounces green beans, blanched
- 8 ounces new potatoes, boiled
- for the salsa verdi, place the bread in a small bowl, sprinkle with red wine vinegar let it sit for 5 minutes.
- squeeze it dry and crumble it into a food processor.
- add parsley, basil, garlic, anchovies, capers and process until a paste forms slowly add olive oil, with motor running until this emulsifies.
- taste, add more vinegar or oil if needed, add salt& pepper and egg and quickly pulse so it still has some texture refrigerate until ready to dress the salad.
- boil potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes.
- you can add green beans to the potatoes for the last minute of cooking time, to blanch them, drain coat tuna with olive oil, and grill 5 minutes per side until cooked- (you can do this on a grill, under a broiler, in a george forman grill, stovetop grill pan, etc) cut tuna into strips.
- cut yellow pepper into strips.
- cut potatoes in half.
- to assemble add potatoes, green beans, tuna and yellow pepper in a bowl.
- add salsa verdi to taste, toss, serve.