Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This wonderful salad has all the flavors and scents of a Greek island. You can grill the tuna specifically for the salad, or, make extra when you barbecue and use the leftover grilled tuna the next day to make this. I recommend serving this over a bed of red leaf or butter lettuce. Cooking time does not include grilling the tuna.
- 1⁄2 lb tuna, grilled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- 1 red bell pepper, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, seeded and quartered
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese
- 1 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- fresh ground pepper
- Combine the lemon and orange juice and sugar and grated rind and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Chop the garlic clove and then, with a fork mash the coarse salt and the garlic into a paste and add paste to citrus mixture.
- Whisk in olive oil.
- In a serving bowl, combine tuna, basil leaves, red pepper olives , tomato and crumbled feta.
- Grind in pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
Served with plenty of crusty baguette. I did as Chef recommended and turned the salad onto a bed of fresh red leaf lettuce. A very uncomplicated, yet delicious recipe. Thank you. I love that you used grilled tuna in creating this recipe; I shall serve it again to guests at barbeque meals.