The recipe is from the wonderful Booby Flay! A fresh tuna salad sandwich just can't be beat, and I bet the Lemon-Habanero Mayo is makes this dish. I haven't tried this one yet, but DH is begging me to make it.....so we'll see ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1/2-1 whole habanero pepper (only use the whole thing if you like HOT!!!)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup mayonnaise, good quality
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 celery, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) tuna steaks
- 8 slices hearty bread (French, Italian, ciabatta, etc.)
- 1Heat grill to high.
- 2Place lemon juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil (you can do this on the grill if you like). Cook until juice has reduced to 1/2 cup. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- 3Place lemon syrup, habanero, lemon zest, and mayo in a blender and blend until smooth.
- 4Season with salt and pepper to taste, and transfer to a large bowl.
- 5Add onions, celery, and parsley to mayo mixture, stir to combine and set aside.
- 6Brush tuna steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- 7Grill for 3 min per side or slightly charred and cooked to medium doneness. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minute before cutting.
- 8Cut tuna into small dice or flake with a fork. Add the tuna to the may mixture and gently mix until combined.
- 9Divide the tuna salad among 4 slices of bread. Top with a few sprigs of watercress and the remaining bread slices.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Tuna Salad Sandwiches With Lemon-Habanero Mayo
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.4
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 792.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 18.6 g