Recipe by chef blade
Anyone having access to fresh tuna knows that canned stuff does not taste like tuna. This doesn't need to be chilled very long. Serve on greens, maybe a little chopped egg on top
Top Review by gemini08
Fabulous lunch salad! I added yellow tomatoes, avocado slices and two poached eggs, loved the dressing! The grilled tuna makes all the difference in the world, this will be made again many times!
- 2 (8 ounce) tuna steaks
- 3 medium new potatoes, unpeeled,boiled and cubed
- 1⁄2 lb cooked and blanched green beans (2 inch cuts)
- 1 small red onion, sliced into very thin rings
- 1 vine ripened tomatoes, 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together oil, liquids, and seasonings.
- In large bowl, pour over tomato, olives, beans, onion and potatoes.
- Grill tuna steaks (preferably over charcoal) until just barely pink in the middle.
- Gently break up with fingers and lightly toss with veggies.