Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A good way to use leftover grilled tuna the next day. Incorporating many of the elements of the classic Salade Nicoise of southern France, with a bit of a "southern USA twist" (sweet pickle relish) this is wonderful over fresh spring baby greens
- 8 ounces wild-caught tuna fillets, grilled
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, crushed
- Shred grilled tuna coarsely with hands. Mix with eggs, olives, capers, onion, and relish.
- Beat dressing ingredients lightly. pour over salad, and toss well.
- Serve over lettuce.