1 hr 15 mins
Katie Knight's Note:
This is a recipe I found on the web. I like it because it is fast, delicious, and easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 fresh tuna steaks, cut about 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1Prepare charcoal or gas grill.
- 2Melt butter in pan and add soy sauce.
- 3Dip tuna steaks in butter/soy sauce mixture, sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill over medium-high heat for 4- 7 minutes per side.
- 4While grilling, baste tuna often with the butter/soy mixture.
- 5Cooking time will vary depending on the heat of the fire and the thickness of the tuna steaks.
- 6The tuna should still be a little pink in the middle when done.
- 7This recipe is simple but very tasty.
- 8The butter/soy sauce baste really compliments the flavor of the fresh tuna.
- 9My good friend Scooter came up with this recipe and told me to keep it a secret.
- 10I'm sure he won't mind if I share it with a few subscribers; besides, it is really too good to keep secret.
- 11The Skinny: Do not substitute for the butter.
- 12You can use reduced sodium soy sauce if you wish.
- 13For Dagwood.
- 14Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 15Butter bread and lightly toast.
- 16Thinly slice the figs removing stems.
- 17Cut loaf horizontally down the middle.
- 18Spread all of the cream cheese on both sides of the bread.
- 19Layer half of the figs, all of the ham (folded in half and overlapping across the sandwich), and turkey (layered same way as the ham).
- 20Add a small amount of olive oil and oregano to taste.
- 21Add all of the slices of cheddar and Jack cheese on top.
- 22I criss cross them like a checker board.
- 23Finally top with the remaining figs and put the top of the loaf on.
- 24Cut vertically into 4-5 slices and serve.
- 25Best served fresh while the bread is still warm from the toasting, but if you refrigerate and eat later, microwaving quickly (about 10-15 seconds) seems to do the trick.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Tuna Dagwood
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 933.2
- Calories from Fat 525
- Total Fat 58.4 g
- Saturated Fat 33.8 g
- Cholesterol 207.1 mg
- Sodium 4561.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 47.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: