Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
After a long hard day, a grilled cheese sandwich sets things right. Ira Freehof, The Comfort Diner.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 slices white bread
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- Spread ½ teaspoon butter on 1 side of each bread slice; place bread, butter side down, on a working surface.
- Place 2 slices cheddar cheese, 2 slices mozzarella cheese, and 2 slices swiss cheese on 1 slice of bread.
- Close the sandwich by placing slice of bread, butter side out, on top; repeat for remaining sandwiches.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a saute pan on medium heat; place sandwich on the heat for about 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, flip the sandwich and heat for about 2 minutes.
- Flip again for about 1 minute on each side to be sure that all the cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches, adding more butter to the pan as needed.