Recipe by John Skrable
You can make your own teriyaki sauce, from scratch, if you have some fresh ginger root. But for grilling, it hardly matters. Any bottled will do. I like Kinkomman.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs top loin pork roast
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Wesson Oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce the pork roast, and rub it with Wesson oil.
- Generously maranade with teriyaki sauce.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- If you're up late, turn it, once.
- To cook, place on grill, covered, with some mesquite chips, in the grill.
- Grill till done, on one side, about 18 minutes on my Webber.
- Turn the roast, and baste with teriyaki sauce.
- Cover, and grill till done.
- When finished, remove the roast from the grill, and baste the other side with teriyaki sauce, while the meat is still sizzling.
- A little dry, it goes great with a moist potato salad.
- Add a few drops of teriyaki to the potato salad.