Recipe by Ceezie
Grilling or broiling concentrates tomatoes natural sugars, making summer tomatoes even better. Prep time includes marinade time. Source: Relish Mag
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tomatoes, halved horizontally
- oil, for greasing the pan
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, basil, bay leaves, garlic and salt in a medium bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Place tomato halves cut-sides down directly on greased broiler pan or grill rack. Broil until they start to char and blister (or shrivel and show good grill marks if on the grill), about 4 minutes. Using tongs or a spatula and spoon, carefully turn tomatoes over and broil or grill 2 minutes more.
- Remove cooked tomatoes from heat and place cut-sides up in the dish with oil and vinegar mixture. Spoon some of the mixture over tomatoes. Set aside to marinate at least 1 hour, or cover and refrigerate up to 5 days. Serve at room temperature.