Recipe by Trisha W
This is a very quick and tasty way to fix some of the tomatoes that are coming in from your tomato vines. Nice side dish - and a change from a regular salad.
Top Review by Sharon123
I scaled this down for one person. I broiled it first, then put it in a skillet and cooked the bottom a little. I used sharp cheddar cheese and Italian bread crumbs. Delicious! Thanks Trisha!
- 4 medium tomatoes
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sharp American cheese (or Old English)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons parsley, snipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve tomatoes, and sprinkle cut surfaces with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Mix bread crumbs, cheese, and butter; sprinkle on top of tomatoes, trimming with snipped parsley.
- Heat tomatoes, cut side up, on griddle about 5 minutes, or until heated through.