Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wonderful grilled tomatoes, wonderful side with any BBQ, lots of taste. evolved from B H & G to our taste.
- 3 medium firm tomatoes, cored and halved corsswise
- 1⁄4 cup purchased pesto sauce
- 6 slices onions, very thin
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (about 2 oz)
- 1⁄3 cup smoked almonds, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- Hollow out the top 1/4 inch of tomato halves with a spoon.
- Top each tomato half with 2 teaspoons pesto sauce and an onion slice.
- Arrange tomatoes in 2 foil pie pans.
- Place tomatoes in the centre of the grill rack.
- Cover and grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until tomatoes are heated through.
- Stir together the cheese, almonds, if using, and parsley in a small mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle mixture over tomatoes.
- Cover and grill for 5 minutes more or until cheese melts.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.