1/1 Photo of Grilled Tomato Sauce on Barbecue
3 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 45 mins
This is from Ricardo and done on the barbecue. In this sauce, you can add tuna or cream. ETA : I made this recipe with only 2 lbs of italian tomatoes. It's very easy to do. The flavor of this sauce is amazing. Grilling the tomatoes add so much flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the barbecue to high heat.
- 2In a big bowl, mix tomatoes and 2/3 cup of oil. Salt and pepper.
- 3Put enough pieces of tomatoes on the grill to cover it completely and grill about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and put on a baking sheet. Let cool down.
- 4Grill this way all the tomatoes, then peel them with fingers and press carefully to remove the seeds. Set aside in a bowl.
- 5Mash coarsely tomatoes with hands or a mash potatoes.
- 6In a big casserole, tenderize onion and garlic in the remaining oil. Add the peeled tomatoes and bay leaves. Bring to boil and let simmer to medium heat for about 2 minutes stirring frequently. Salt and pepper. Add the basil. Adjust seasoning. Serve on pasta.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Tomato Sauce on Barbecue
Serving Size: 1 (7336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.2
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g