1/1 Photo of Grilled Tomato Risotto With Roasted Portobello Mushrooms
1 hr 5 mins
This yummy dish is from Emeril Lagasse's in the episode Emeril's Vegetable Patch. I have tweaked it just a bit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh tomato, halved and seeded
- 1 dash olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 medium portabella mushrooms, stemmed and cleaned
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onions or 1 cup yellow onions or 1 cup brown onion
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon thyme, crumbled
- 5 1/2 cups water or 5 1/2 cups vegetable broth, for more flavor
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 -2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 lb arborio rice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions, green parts only
- parsley, to garnish
- 1Preheat the grill to 400*F., or heat a grill pan to medium high.
- 2In a mixing bowl, toss the tomatoes with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- 3Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- 4Place the portobello mushroom on a parchment lined baking sheet, cavity side up. Drizzle both sides of the mushrooms with the olive oil. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Fan a quarter of the cheese over each cavity of the mushroom. Place in the oven and cook until the mushrooms are tender and the cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- 5Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until the onions are slightly soft, about 3 minutes.
- 6Add the water, wine and garlic. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for about 6 minutes. Add the rice and simmer, stirring constantly until the mixture is creamy and bubbly, about 18 minutes.
- 7Stir in the butter, cream, cheese, and green onions. Simmer for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and stir in the tomatoes.
- 8To serve, slice each portobello into quarters. Spoon the risotto into each serving dish. Lay 2 slices of the portobello on top of the risotto.
- 9Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Tomato Risotto With Roasted Portobello Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.5
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 458.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 20.0 g