esmerelda smoot's Note:
An easy and quick summer recipe found in "Real Simple" magazine. (If you don't have access to a grill then try broiling them until the cheese melts and tortillas turn golden brown.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese (grated or sliced, fresh is best)
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 1/4-in thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (plus)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh basil, leaves picked
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1Heat grill to medium.
- 2Arrange 4 of the tortillas on a cutting board. Arrange the mozzarella and tomatoes on the tortillas, leaving a 1-in border around the outside empty. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Top with the remaining tortillas.
- 3In a medium bowl combine the basil, pine nuts, oil, and remaining salt. Set aside.
- 4Cook the quesadillas around the perimeter of the grill until the cheese melts and the tortillas are crisp and golden. (About 2 minuted per side.).
- 5Immediately cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with the basil salad.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Tomato & Mozzarella Quesadillas With Basil
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.9
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 67.1 mg
- Sodium 1521.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: