Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my recipe that was published in the January/February 2010 edition of Simple & Delicious magazine, a Taste of Home magazine. It was featured as a recipe in which you can make in 20 minutes or less. This goes well with "Creamy Tomato Soup".
- 177.44 ml grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 8 slice Italian bread
- 4 slice cheddar cheese
- 4 slice swiss cheese
- 4 slice provolone cheese
- 4 slice colby-monterey jack cheese
- 39.43 ml butter, softened
- Sprinkle tomatoes and onion over four bread slices.
- Layer with cheese slices; top with remaining bread.
- Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Toast on a heated griddle for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Oh Lainey, these are so good! I used 7 grain bread and all the cheeses and it was a heavenly lunch a couple of days ago. No comparison to process cheese food type of grilled cheeses (even though those can be good too). This is a king among grilled cheeses.
This was great! The green onion, tomato and 4 cheeses went so well together and made for a very satisfying lunch. YUM!
I prepared this in a pan, which turned out a little tricky, even though I had sliced and not chopped the tomatoes. It hard to flip, cause everything came out of the sammie when I attempted to turn it. But in the end I succeeded and all was well. :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your recipe with us, Lainey!
Made and reviewed for Potluck Tag Feburary 2011.
These were very rich and cheesey! I enjoyed, using pumpernickle bread. Thanks Lainey! Made for Photo tag.