Top Review by MarraMamba
Oh Lainey, these are so good! I used 7 grain bread and all the cheeses and it was a heavenly lunch a couple of days ago. No comparison to process cheese food type of grilled cheeses (even though those can be good too). This is a king among grilled cheeses.
- 3⁄4 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices colby-monterey jack cheese
- 8 teaspoons butter, softened
- Sprinkle tomatoes and onion over four bread slices.
- Layer with cheese slices; top with remaining bread.
- Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Toast on a heated griddle for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.