1/7 Photos of Grilled Tomato & Cheese
One of my favorite things to eat is grilled cheese. One of my favorite things to eat in the summer when there are fresh garden tomatoes on hand are these. Updated 8/31/08: I've edited the recipe to say chopped fresh basil as suggested by the reviewers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On 1 piece of bread, layer a heaping 1/4 cup grated cheese, 4 tomato slices, 4 basil leaves and another heaping 1/4 cup grated cheese.
- 2Top with another slice of bread, brush with melted butter.
- 3Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 4Place sandwich, butter-side down, in pan and brush top slice of bread with butter.
- 5Press with spatula.
- 6Cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Flip and cook for another 3 minutes.
- 8Remove from skillet and serve immediately.
- 9Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- 10Note: You could also make this sandwich in a panini grill, omitting the butter.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Tomato & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.2
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 89.4 mg
- Sodium 786.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 22.6 g